Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken Tetrazzini

From April 2006 Southern Living

Servings: 12

Ingredients

-1 (16oz) package vermicelli
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
-1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
-1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
-1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup
-1 (8 oz) sour cream
-1 (6 oz) jar sliced mushrooms (drained)
-1/2 (2oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp pepper
-2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese

~*I cooked my chicken on a skillet in butter. I just seasoned my chicken with spices first. I don't like boiled or baked chicken. Cook your chicken however you like.*~

1. Cook vermicelli according to package; drain. Return to pot and toss with chicken broth. I kept adding chicken broth because the pasta started drying out as it sat.

2. Stir together chicken and next 8 ingredients; add vermicelli and toss well.

3. Spoon mixture into 2 lightly greased 11-x7-inch backing dishes.

4. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.

5. Bake, covered at 350 for 30 minutes.

6. Uncover and back 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments: